Today I met with the Mayor in his office to discuss the following:
(1) Banwell EA – Tecumseh Road to EC Row expansion
- $6.5 M project – or two phases: $3.25M
- Expansion from 2 to 4 lanes
- Sidewalks & Multi Use Trail
(2) Sandpoint Beach
- $5M project that was contemplated in previous Capital Budgets
(3) Vanderbilt/Sandpoint Petition
Residents have experienced severe flooding on two occassions in 2010 and 2016 – while some neighbours flooded additional times.
Of interest to the residents are the three current studies being undertaken to get at the root of the problem:
East Marsh Pumping Station Study (2018)
Pontiac Pumping Station Study (2018)
Storm and Sewer Master Plan (2019)
Key questions for residents include: (1) Elevation (2) Storm/Sewer Design
I raised the issue of potentially doing a micro study of this particular neighbourhood.
A neighbourhood meeting is scheduled for Thursday, October 5th to discuss the challenges in more detail with our City Engineer.